Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Working out bugs. 3 hrs

Tonight I ran the engine again to check the tach operation after moving some of the dip switches. It didn't work. I concede an will order a different tach tomorrow. I also tried my radio and it wasn't transmitting properly. After troubleshooting I discovered that my antenna was grounded out.  When I attached the terminal I slid the connector on too far and made contact with the foil like sleeve that's under the shielding which made contact with the shield. I removed the antenna cable and redid the end and it is no longer grounded out.  I rerouted my cabin heat scat tubing to avoid contact with the exhaust. I also removed my ammeter and will install a volt meter in its place.  I am going to order a tach, voltmeter, and cht sending unit tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment