Today I fabbed my throttle control and trim control. I mounted my throttle and am waiting on a part for my trim. I also fabbed 4 bushings for my redesigned rudder pedals. I then pressed them into my pedals and pressed an oilite bushin in them so the pivot around a 1/4" bolt. I fabbed my brake extension as well. I fabbed my access doors for my rudder pedals as well. Still have to install the nut plates for the access doors. Tomorrow hopefully I can assemble it all
Friday, February 22, 2013
The past two days I've worked on my rudder pedals. I am using a set that a friend gave me and retrofitting them to match what I've got in the cx4. A lot of work redesigning something. I also fabbed my luggage box. I decided to put a 14/14/16 box behind the seat. The back will be removable so I have access to the rear fuselage for inspection. I also cut all of the pieces for one of my rudder pedal access doors.
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Today I figured out a plan of action for using a set of rudder pedals a friend game me. I will have to fabricate some steel bushings and change the plans slightly regard the rudder pedals. Also did so figuring on my throttle and trim levers. I am going to do something a little bit different there as well. Didn't really accomplish much work wise today but got a good plan of action and a parts list together for wicks.
Saturday, February 16, 2013
Today I finished clecoing the top skins to the fuselage. I then removed them and filed the edges smooth and deburred all of the hole. I reinstalled them and riveted the back two top skin. I also riveted the rest of the rear side skins. I only clecoed the skin between f7 and f8 so I can put my luggage compartment in first. I also attached the other angle that supports the armrest. I disassembled my control stick assembly and primed and painted it with a black gloss epoxy enamel. Pretty happy with it. I fabled two clips that fit in a groove of the rudder cable sleeve and fastened them to the f5 bulkheads.
Sunday, February 10, 2013
I haven't been able to work on my plane in able three weeks. Today I got out there and did the layout of the f8 and f9 bulkhead extensions. I decided to go with the fastback or extended turtledeck. I formed the f7, f8, and f9 bulkheads and fitted them to the fuselage. Then I cut the top skin between f10 and f9. I clecoed it then cut out the skin between f9 and f6. I started fitting it when a buddy came by and stopped my progress. Good thing...I was getting hungry anyway