Sunday, January 26, 2014
Today i finished hooking up my brake lines and bled them. I also installed my trailing edge canopy skirt. I went over the right side of the fuselage with a scoth brite pad to get it ready for painting. Trying to stay busy while anxiously anticipating my motor which is supposed to ship at the end of the week
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Sunday, January 19, 2014
Today I worked on fabricating the carb heat box and damper. I blazed the damper assembly together and painted black to keep from rusting. The damper uses rubber grommets as a "bearing". I also fabbed some scat tubing taps and one of the pieces for my rear baffling. Trying to get as much done to save time once my motor arrives.
Monday, January 13, 2014
Sunday, January 12, 2014
Today I permanately mounted my stick grip. I installed my throttle, side panels in cockpit, adjusted height of fuel tank for tank cover skin, and choke and carb heat cables. I started removing the wheel to replace the axle bolts with AN hardware and shim the wheel out for clearance with the caliper.
Yesterday I re-installed The seatbelts. I also sanded the second set of runs out of my side panels and repainted. They are not perfect but my best attempt yet and I think I'm going to stay with it. I also Soldered the ground wire onto my cigarette lighter accessory outlet I installed my battery mount on the firewall
Friday, January 10, 2014
Thursday, January 9, 2014
Tonight I re-wired my fuel pumps after having to take the back out to apply thr fuel lube on the fittings entering, exiting, and in between the pumps. I also added the ground wire for the fuel quantity sender. I started to do a calibration of my airspeed indicator with a simple manometer made out of tubing. I found a chart online that gives specific measurements of water column equated to a specific airspeed. It is complicated math that someone did, but a very simple process. I am not happy with my numbers I came up with, but I believe it is due to using barb fittings which push on. When I push the fitting on it gives it's an instant pressure change so it is impossible to start from zero. I am going to try to either add a tee and a valve in the line going to the airspeed indicator to relieve the pressure once the water is put in to zero the manometer. Or, I will buy a screw on union type fitting that doesn't require the tube being pushed on.
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Today I taped off my leading edge wing root fairing for the left wing. This is caulked with polyurethane just like the right side. I also disassembled all of the fuel lines in the cockpit and reasssembled win fuel lube sealant. I started cabbing my battery box mount as well.
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Sunday, January 5, 2014
Today I worked on putting the final touches on my wiring aft of the firewall. I installed my control stick grip and wired the push to talk button. All I need to do is drill and install a set screw of sorts and use some adhesive to secure the grip to the stick
Today I worked on assembly in the cockpit. I reinstalled my rudder pedals. All that I need to complete them is to rivet the plate they are attached to, to the floor. I applied some padding to the supports for the fuel tsnk and installed the fuel tank. I wired the fuel level sending unit and mounted the tank. I still need to plumb my tank vent and tank drain. I applied 5 layers of masking tape to the fuselage and wing at the area of the wing root leading edge fairing. I cut a bonds scraper to the profile of the leading edge wing root fairing and tooled polyurethane caulking to that profile around the leading edge. I removed the tape and will prime once the caulking is fully cured.