Follow by Email

Thursday, April 3, 2014

FAA inspection

Today I received my FAA inspection. All went well. Next step. Test flight!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Finishing touches. 12 hrs

The past week or so I have been putting he finishing touches on the cx4. I've done numerous things like installing the stops on the ailerons, verifying proper deflection, labels, replacing airspeed indicator and verifying accurate readings with a water manifold, and lots of other small tasks. I'm just about ready for my FAA inspection which happens next week.  I'm kind of curious how many people are following my blog so if your a follower could you please comment and let me know. I plan on continuing to enter on here after the first flight with flight testing info and any changes that are made

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

controls 2 hrs

Last night I worked on fine tuning the controls.  I about have them worked out.  The ailerons are kind of tricky to get them just right.  I think Ive got them where they need to be.  I will double check my work today and move onto something else

Monday, March 24, 2014

Rework oil line 2 hrs

Today I reworked the oil line going from the case to the oil cooler because it has a slight kink when the cowling was on and I was afraid it would restrict the flow of oil. 

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Final assembly 8 hrs

Yesterday I worked on final assembly.  I did several things.  I put the wingtips and tips on the tail.  I mounted and rigged the trim tab.  I mounted and safety wired the aileron hinges.  I installed the cowling.  I put my seat in and did some touch up painting inside

CX4 to the airport 5 hrs

Today I loaded the CX4 on the trailer and hauled it to the airport. What a big day!  My friend Daniel and my Dad helped me take it to the airport.  I am lucky that my airport is only 1 mile from the house with no turns.  Once I got it to the airport, I put the wings on and hooked the ailerons up.  I the taxied it and found out that I had a brake caliper rubbing on a tire.  I took the caliper off and ground a little material off of the dead side of the puck.  Then I taxied again and all was well.  I rigged the ailerons per the plans. 




Friday, March 21, 2014

Reprinting silver. 5 hrs

Today we sanded the silver down and repainted it. Looks good now!  I also installed the tank cover, hooked up the rudder and tailwheel.  I installed the cotter pins in the rudder bolts and rudder cable bolts. I installed the canopy and hooked up the brakes.