Thursday, January 9, 2014

Misc 2 hrs

Tonight I re-wired my fuel pumps after having to take the back out to apply thr fuel lube on the fittings entering, exiting, and in between the pumps. I also added the ground wire for the fuel quantity sender.  I started to do a calibration of my airspeed indicator with a simple manometer made out of tubing. I found a chart online that gives specific measurements of water column equated to a specific airspeed. It is complicated math that someone did, but a very simple process.  I am not happy with my numbers I came up with, but I believe it is due to using barb fittings which push on.  When I push the fitting on it gives it's an instant pressure change so it is impossible to start from zero. I am going to try to either add a tee and a valve in the line going to the airspeed indicator to relieve the pressure once the water is put in to zero the manometer. Or, I will buy a screw on union type fitting that doesn't require the tube being pushed on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment