Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cowling and baffling 9 hrs

Today I got up at 430 to get a good start of work today. I had
My cowling marked and ready to cut last night and I went in to go to bed to give
Me some more time to think about it before I cut it. I came out this morning and checked everything, made some final adjustments and started cutting. I was intimidated by the cowling but it actually went fairly Easy. I installed the tinnerman anchor nuts on the cowling and the u clip tinnerman nuts on the firewall. I mounted the cowling then marked the locations of the oil cooler inlet and the ram air inlet. I cut those with my cutoff wheel.   Once I was done with that, I started installing my bafflings. I finished all of the baffling and baffle seals on the left side of the engine and will install the right side next work session.  I also received my registration today. Things are starting to come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment