Sunday, April 28, 2013

Vertical stabilizer. Misc. 8 hrs

Today I worked on the vertical stabilizer. I cut the skin and clecoed it to the spar and ribs. I did the top of the stab. per the plans and against the advise of other builder and will go with the other builders. A lot of people are using a 5/16 tube at the top of the vertical stab vs the bent piece of metal. I tried the metal and don't like the looks; so I'm going to try the tubing. I also took care of a lot of odds and ends. I had my son, Luke, crawl back into the fuselage to run the other tube for the rudder cable. I also reinforced the rib where the trim control pivots to make it a bit sturdier. I drilled the bottom of the side fuselage skins where I had been waiting on a right angle drill and deburred all of the holes. I also riveted some nut plates on the removable back of my luggage box.





No comments:

Post a Comment