Saturday, April 6, 2013

Mount fuel tank, misc 8 hrs

Today I worked on a lot of misc things. I dabbed the mounting straps and mounted the fuel tank. I did the mandatory rudder cable change. My 8 year old was able to crawl into the back of the fuselage and remove the teleflex cables and run the nylon tubes that serve as a conduit for the aircraft cables. That was a huge help that kept me from having to drill out rivets and remove my side skin. I secured both of the nylon tubes to the fuselage at the tail and one of them at the f5 bulkhead when i realized that one of the tubes was 1 inch short. Looks like luke is heading back into the tail cone :-). I also mounted the two anchor nuts that I was waiting for that hold the horizontal stabilizer on. I formed my upper fin rib that passes through the vertical stabilizer spar and fabbed my forward spar for it as well. I worked on my trim control and connected it to the Bowden cable and secured it nicely. All in all it didn't look like much got done but a lot was accomplished.













No comments:

Post a Comment