Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tank skin 3 hrs

The past few days I have worked on my fuel tank skin. This has been very time consuming. I drilled and tapped the holes in the longerons, located the holes for the anchor nuts in the top of the tank, drilled theses holes, and bored the hole for my fuel filler. I fitted the skin and made some minor adjustments for fitting. I had my little, little helper handing me screws tonight. I also worked on drilling my holes in one of the forward side panels for the access plate. I drilled all of the appropriate sizes and deburred them. They are ready for dimpling and riveting. I am coming to a slow point considering I have to rebuild two cylinders one my grumman yankee. That consumes a bunch of my expendable money so my build might be slowing down some. I will try to find small parts that I can fabricate now that will save me time down the road.













No comments:

Post a Comment