Sunday, September 15, 2013

Canopy and windshield trims. 7 hrs


Today I worked on more fine tuning of the windshield trims. Once the windshield was trimmed out and set where its going to be, I installed some temp aluminum rivets so that I could fit my canopy to my windshield. I don't want to permanently install my windshield until my panel and wiring is complete.....or the harness is complete and fitting to ensure quick and easy hookup once it get real hard to get to. Once I had the temporary rivets, I did some fugue tuning to my canopy bow to get it to match the windshield bow as close as possible. Happy with that after a bunch of work. I then clamped my canopy bow to my windshield bow and sat my canopy on the bow and the fuselage. I marked the canopy for trimming. Once trimmed I put it back on and marked the canopy for fine trimming.  I removed it and sanded the edges smooth with 600 grit sandpaper. I modified the drawer slide per the plans and mounted them to the fuselage. I then sat the canopy in place and marked the holes that were in the drawer slide on the glass. It's nice working with a clear product!  After drilling the holes cautiously, I deburred the glass and clecoed to the canopy slides. I  decided to make some gussets that will weld to the canopy bow the fasten to the canopy slides to give it some more rigidity. I will weld them to the now tomorrow at work. Got a lot done today


No comments:

Post a Comment