Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Front lower skin 1 hour

Tonight I rough cut the front lower skin between the landing gear and the firewall. Then I drilled a row of rivet holes along the straight parts of the channel forward of the landing gear and along the firewall. I placed the skin on the plane and clecoed each one at the center line and worked outward. I predrilled the firewall bulkhead tabs and took ratchet straps and pulled the skin around the radius of the firewall. Then I back drilled the tabs on the firewall through the skin. I marked the raw edge of the tabs on the firewall to trim the skin to. Then I marked the edges of the front lower longerons to cut too. Next I will remove the skin, trim to my lines, then reinstall the skin and clamp the sides to the lower front longerons and drill the rest of the holes through the firewall and into the longerons





No comments:

Post a Comment